Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Sympathy Card for a Close Friend - Double Meaning

I'm sharing a card today that has meaning on several levels.  I created this sympathy card for a very close friend when her Mother died recently. Her Mother was a close friend of mine as well.  All the while I worked on the card, and it took me a long time, I remembered the times I shared with my friend, Elaine.   I took comfort that her daughter, Nancy, and I were so close and would continue on in our own awesome friendship.
The paper I used is Fabscraps Lilac Delight. For the first layer I used Spellbinder's 5x7 Herloom Legacy Card Creator - Frame die.  The second layer used the Tag die from the same Spellbinder's set.  Pearl embellishments were used to accent the corners and areas of the Tag.
The inside embossing was done with the Sizzix Loving Thoughts Embossing Folders set (657667).  I used Tim Holtz Milled Lavender and Victorian Velvet distress ink to highlight the dry embossing.
The stamp is from Quietfire Designs.
I used the We R Memory Keepers Envelope Punch Board to make the envelope to go with the card.

No comments:

Post a Comment