Thursday, June 26, 2014

Child's Birthday Card Using Eileen Hull Sizzix Box Die & Graphic 45 Le Cirque Paper

My friend, Marjorie, ordered a birthday card for a great nephew just turning two. I decided to use Graphic 45 Le Cirque paper; young Welsley now knows how to say "clown" and is all set for his first circus.

I cannot take credit for the design of the card--I got the idea from Shelly Hickox (Stamptramp).  She has done some amazing cards from a tutorial from Splitcoast Stampers.  See it HERE

Shelly inspired my card with a card you can view HERE
Another card of Shelly's I used for inspiration is located HERE and it even has a little video showing how the card collapses to fold flat for mailing.

You can use the Splitcoast Stampers tutorial to make the box, or you can use the Eileen Hull Sizzix die to cut and score the box parts for you.
Here is a view of the box folded.


A close up of the pop ups in the top of the box.
The back of the box.  A place is provided for a greeting or message.
I usually make envelopes to match my cards.

No comments:

Post a Comment