Thursday, March 28, 2013

Get Well Card for A Friend

My friend Lee had her first breast cancer operation and it went well. While she waits to heal so she can start the radiation treatments, I thought I'd make a get well card, but wanted it to be on the humorous side. The perfect stamp happened along in a new set from Susana's Custom Art & Card Design (SCAD). 

You can find the complete Odldly Sweet Curiosities Sets 3 & 4 HERE

Here is the front of the card.
Here is the inside using the "Loves Me?" stamp from the SCAD collection.
Here is a closer look at the cutie I colored with copics.
And, the back of the card.

Here are the details for the card:

  1. I used a blank card from Michael's Recollections Kraft Box of Corrugated Cards for my base card stock.  
  2. On the front of the card, I created the background paper using the  Impression Obsession stamps and Colorbox inks.  Theses combinations were used: Create A Card CC032 Medallion / Yellow Ochre ; Create A Card CC044 Scratches / Chestnut Roan; C5574 Flower 4 / Lime Pastel & French Blue.
  3. The SCAD stamp is colored with Copics B00, B93, B95, YG03, G82, Y17, E08. 
  4. I added Kaisercraft self-adhesive rhinestones to the ridges along her back to give them some dimension and bling.  
  5. I used Spellbinders Nestabilities Labels 14 to mat the saying on the front of the card and the image on the inside of the card.
  6. "Feel Better Soon" stamp on the front and the "Thinking of You" stamp on the inside are from the cling set from Inkadinkado 60-30063 Everyday Expressions.
  7. "Being Sick" stamp on the front is Inkadinkado 97945.
  8. The paper is from a 6x6 7gypsies pad - Mykonos

No comments:

Post a Comment